Jan 9, 2008

Just One More Whine About Pregnancy

So I have to gripe about pregnancy just a bit more. Since what I thought was bad has now graduated to much worse. I thought I was swollen, but that was until my feet started to look like the feet of a cartoon character, or a baby. You know, how the toes come out of the middle of the foot if you look at it from the side, instead of the bottom. And recently I have brought new meaning to the word kankles. Just call me Fred Flinstone. In all honesty, my feet aren't always that swollen, but on the days I eat something mildly salty or don't drink enough water they are. Ya I have to sit down in the shower to shave my legs now. I can't reach down that far...stomach is way too big. And the first showings of stretch marks are rearing their ugly heads down below my belly button. It'll definitely be a while before I can bring sexy back that's for sure. Not to mention I haven't seen my feet or my you know what while standing in a good month or two. And you haven't really lived until you've had the pleasure of waking up every two hours with cotton mouth from having to breath with your mouth open because your nose is clogged. As well as having to pee each time as well. And you can ask John about my snoring. Apparently it's as deafening as his, one time I found him out on the couch because he couldn't fall asleep with my nose symphony playing out next to him. I felt pretty bad but there's really nothing I can do about it. I basically always fall asleep before him now. I never last past the first fifteen to twenty minutes of a movie anymore. But I am excited. And every time I feel the baby squirm around I get a little more ready for him. Even though now I get his butt shoved up into my ribs daily and have a harder and harder time breathing as my lung capacity is compressed. But we have almost finished the nursery and everything is pretty much ready for the little guy to arrive. I find myself going in there just to look around and picture how things will be. The cute thing is, as scared about it as I know John is, just tonight I was in the kitchen and I saw the light go on in the baby's room. I thought John was changing, but then I heard the little lullaby on the mobile turn on and John didn't emerge for a good five minutes. That melted my heart. It's good to know he's excited too and that even though sometimes I feel like I'm going through all the pain and sacrifice, we're in this together. And I'm so happy that I am able to go through these pains and sacrifice to have our baby for me and for John. So I guess I have to remember that the body I will have is that of a mother, and that is a pretty noble thing. Although, let's hope I can turn it into a smokin' hot mom body after this is done. Ya...amen to that.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Update your blog!